Butternut squash is one of Mother Nature's consolation prizes for suffering through cold, wet winter weather. Baked or roasted, grilled, pureed -- the possibilities are seemingly endless! While butternut squash soup and squash-stuffed ravioli seems to be availble at every restaurant that has even the slightest inclination towards seasonal ingredients / local sourcing, there are so many different ways to prepare amazing(ly healthy) comfort food that these commercial concoctions shouldn't stand in the way of culinary creativity! Here are 5 of my favorite gluten free & vegetarian butternut squash comfort foods - enjoy!
Fettucini with Roasted Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese & Fried Sage
Sweet roasted squash, salty-creamy goat cheese and crisp aromatic sage - what more could you possibly ask for? Be sure to use gluten free pasta (fettucini, rotini, rigatoni - the world of possibilities!) Vegetarian.
Healthy Gourmet Butternut Squash Mac 'n Cheese
Made with caramelized onions, bacon and apples -- but don't let the 'gourmet' fool you, this super simple recipe is both good for you and your budget! Don't forget to use gluten free macaroni. Vegetarian? Just leave out the bacon.
Baked Risotto with Butternut Squash, Sage and Pine Nuts
Risotto could not be any easier with this easy baked-not-simmered recipe! Vegetarian.
Cardamom Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
Sweet, savory, subtle and silky. Perfection. Vegetarian? Simply substitute vegetable stock.
Classic Butternut Squash, Sage and Apple Soup
(Seen above.) An all-time favorite, this sensational soup can be a hearty lunch, light dinner or simple starter. Vegetarian? Use vegetable stock instead.
- 5 Beautiful Butternut Squash Casseroles - Gluten Free
- Celiac Saturday: 4 Butternut Squash Soup Recipes To Drool Over
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Rice Soup with Sage
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Butternut Squash Gratin - gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Butternut Squash and Zucchini Lasagna-Gluten free, Vegan
- Sophie's Vegetarian Butternut Squash, Quinoa & Red Beans Chili
- Spicy Butternut Squash & Black Bean Stew With Kale
- Broccoli and "Cheese" Soup