Though the closing will likely be temporary, a series of shocking health violations has forced legendary New York pizzeria Di Fara to close up shop for at least a couple of days. The establishment racked up 67 violation points during a recent health inspection, easily a failing grade. Eater got a copy of the health report, which chronicles the violations. Among the worst: "mice droppings, flies, hair, and workers wearing soiled garments at the restaurant."
Despite the health problems, scores of devoted fans sang their praises of the pizza. Many call it the best in the world. Di Fara should reopen today.
- Legendary New York Restaurant Elaine's To Close
- Charlie Trotter To Close Legendary Restaurant
- Legendary Life Cafe From Rent Closes
- Nebraska Man Crashes Into Pizzeria With His Car and Orders a Pizza
- Marisa Tomei Talks Favorite New York Pizzeria
- 7-Eleven Reopens in Heart of Japanese Disaster Zone
- Southern Hospitality Celebrates Reopening
- Paula Deen Hit With Zoning Violation Citation for Rescued Chickens
- McDonalds Ad Violates Every Rule of Advertising
- Jamie Oliver Faces Food Safety Violations