A Wodka Vodka billboard in New York has been pulled down for its anti-Semitic sentiment. The billboard depicts two dogs with the caption "Christmas Quality, Hanukkah Pricing" -- a slogan that warranted intervention from the Anti-Defamation League.
"In a crude and offensive way of trying to make a point that their vodka is high quality and inexpensive, the billboards evoke a Jewish holiday to imply something that is cheap and of lesser value when compared to the higher value of a Christian holiday," a representative from the ADL wrote in a statement.
Brian Gordon, the Wodka Vodka representative in charge of the anti-Semitic billboards, told the Washington Post that the ad was meant to express the "understated" nature of Hanukkah. Do you think the ad is in poor taste?
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Runs Anti-Hot Dog Billboard
- 5 Incredible Edible Billboards
- Newcastle Brown Ale Shadow Art Installation is a Beautiful Beer Billboard
- McDonald's Reflective Billboard Casts a New Light on Outdoor Advertising
- PCRM Billboards Shock With Fat-Shaming, Anti-Dairy Message
- Jell-O Pudding Face Interactive Billboard Matches Twitter Users' Happiness
- Shaq to Release "Luv Shaq Vodka"
- Simon Cowell Hooked on Anti-Aging Smoothie
- Stoli Salted Karamel Vodka is Sweet and Savory
- Maximus Vodka Challenges Drinkers to Man Up
- Stir Fry Mushrooms In Butter, Garlic And White Wine
- Turos Csusza
- Healthy and Easy Vegan beets salad with prunes!
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Rolls with Dill Sauce
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Baked Chicken with lemon and dates
- Mango Martini
- A sensational summer sip from Prince Edward Island, The "Eddy"
- Pineapple-Infused Vodka
- Harvey Wallbanger