Ellen Pompeo kept herself busy on Thanksgiving helping former foster kids cook their own Thanksgiving dinners. The Alliance for Children's Rights event held at the Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Los Angeles included 50 teens who learned their way around the kitchen to make their very own holiday meal.
"What really surprised me is how many kids go through the foster care system that never find families and are never adopted," said Sue Naegle, HBO Entertainment president and Alliance for Children's Rights board member. "Then they turn 18, and they're pushed out of the system."
To find easy Thanksgiving meal ideas of your own, click here.
- JoJo Hands Out Halloween Treats to Children's Hospital
- Angelina Jolie Talks Family Dinner and Cooking Turkey
- Lynn Crawford Gives Thanksgiving Tips
- Art Smith Caters A Very Gaga Thanksgiving
- Mariah Carey: I Cook the Holiday Meals
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrates Thanksgiving in London
- Celebs Feed Thanksgiving Meals to Needy at the Los Angeles Mission
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Kelly Clarkson Gets Help From Paula Deen for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Cupcake Stuffing is a Basting Baker's Ideal Thanksgiving Feast
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- Roasted Root Vegetables With Herb Vinaigrette
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Pecans and Brown Butter
- Curried Pumpkin Seeds
- Autumn Roasted Vegetables
- Mama Bogue's Oven Roasted Sage Turkey
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Sweet-Potato Chips With Lime Salt
- Sausage Scalloped Potatoes
- Baby Carrots With Grand Marnier