The debate goes on. Chow looks at a familiar debate to anyone passionate about food. Is the term "foodie" a compliment or pejorative?
This sentence pretty much sums it up. "Be aware that the person asking the question may have... no idea that food can intersect with culture, history, politics, health, and the environment. To him, an interest in food still may be pretty much synonymous with a love of fine dining."
What do you think? Are you annoyed by the term foodie?
- Is Pepper Spray Actually Food?
- Bizarre Post Claims Rich People Only Drink Coke
- Taylor Swift Doesn't Like the Term 'Diet'
- New York Times Apparently Declares War on Southern Food
- New Sesame Street Puppet Deals With Childhood Hunger
- Watch Offensive Yoplait Eating Disorder Ad
- Dutch Cannibalism Stunt Was Possibly Faked
- McDonald's Coffee Ad Stirs Up Controversy
- 5 Biggest Controversies of 2011
- Obama Butter Bust Wanders Through Chicago
- Beet Root Chops
- Who Says They Don’t Like Cauliflower: Roasted Cauliflower and Poblano Pepper Soup
- Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
- Tamatar-Pyaz ki Sabzi | Onion-Tomato Veggie
- Saute Terms
- Sauteed Italian Spring Greens: Looks like Grass, Tastes like Spinach but better!
- the Mockingjay
- Whipped Cream Like Frosting
- Fudge-Like Breadfruit Pie
- Cook Like An Italian Calzone