It's the holiday shopping season, and Adweek released a list of the most-shoplifted items, which include filet mignon and expensive liquor. One in 11 people will shoplift at least one item this holiday season, a figure that will cost retailers a whopping $119 billion.
Surprisingly, Adweek reports that 75 percent of shoplifters are adults, most of them gainfully employed, and that the 2011 shoplifting figures are up 6 percent over last year. Expensive cuts of meat and liquor are the two items that shoplifters opt to pilfer, followed by electric tools, gadgets, shaving products and body wash.
If all this talk of filet mignon is making you hungry, check out this chocolate meat rub.
- Bison Filet Mignon for Father's Day
- Is This the Most Expensive Starbucks Drink Ever?
- $8.50 for a Dozen Eggs? Bloomberg Businessweek Names World's Most Expensive Cities 2011
- The Cookbook Collector: Cooking My Way Back Home + Filet Mignon
- 2011 Most Expensive Thanksgiving on Record
- World's Most Expensive Pizza is a Medley of Seafood
- Harrods Stocks World's Most Expensive Coffee
- World's Most Expensive Dessert
- 5 Most Expensive Produce
- The World's Most Expensive Meals Infographic Will Lighten Your Wallet