Sammy Hagar has released a Hawaiian-made rum called Sammy's Beach Bar Rum. Earlier this month, the former Van Halen front man was in Waikiki to officially launch the new rum at the Hard Rock Cafe.
"The Islands inspired me,” Hagar said, of his new brand of rum that is made from Hawaiian-grown sugar cane. “I just love it here. When I get off the plane, I’m bombarded with the warmest, richest feelings. Hawaii affects all of my senses.”
Sammy's Beach Bar Rum is currently only available in Hawaii, but Hagar has plans to expand throughout the U.S. next year.
Enrique Iglesias has also recently gotten into the rum business by joining forces with Atlantico Rum.
- Hulk Hogan to Open a Breastaurant
- Beach Boys Riding Celebrity Restaurant Craze
- Hawaiian Luau Sugar Cookie Collection Will Have You Saying Aloha
- Jose Andres Expands Internationally
- Gail Simmons Predicts the Future of Food TV
- Weird Wednesday Links: LEGO Mugs, NFL Lockout Food Writers and Vegan Prison Food
- Ron de Jeremy Rum Makes a Big Splash
- Peter Bjorn and John Embark on the "All You Can Eat" Tour
- Anthony Bourdain Continues Verbal Assault on Paula Deen at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival
- Mario Lopez Celebrates Bachelor Party With Boxing-Inspired Cake