Sweet, tender figs, drizzled with a rich red wine reduction -- a simple, elegant and naturally gluten free, milk / dairy free & vegan dessert. While figgy pudding may have a special place in our hearts and a line (or 10) in "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", it is often the only interaction many (Americans in particular) will ever have with figs outside of Fig Newtons, and doesn't do this sensational fruit justice.
Sweet, refreshing, bursting with flavor and a combination of tender flesh + crunchy seeds make figs a somewhat unusual fruit that goes horribly under represented in grocery stores and recipes. If you're fortunate enough to live in warmer climates, (sorry, Seattle but San Diego has sunshine) then you can probably get fresh, locally grown figs. For the rest of us, well, it's not quite as easy as walking into the backyard, but I promise it's worth it to track 'em down and have your mind blown. Here are 3 must try gluten free roasted fig recipes (GFCF milk/dairy free & vegan) to spice up your holiday season and introduce you to this good-and-good-for-you fruit!
Roasted Figs with Red Wine & Sage - milk / dairy free & vegan (above, left)
Roasted Figs with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Glaze (above, center)
Vanilla Roasted Figs -- milk / dairy free & vegan (above, right)
Now, you may have noticed, I write about figs a lot -- I'm trying to share my love with the world, one recipe at a time. Here are more great gluten free fig recipes!
5 Fabulous Fig Recipes (Mostly GF)
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- 5 Must Try No Bake Nectarine Recipes
- Gluten Free Sweet 'n Spicy Honey Roasted Potatoes
- 5 Easy Gluten Free Back to School Treats
- Must Try Apple Cider Roasted Carrots with Rosemary
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- Meatless Monday: Easy Roasted Summer Veggies
- Jelly, Jam & Marmalade: What's the Difference?
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Homemade Persimmon Pulp
- Red, White & Blue Smoothie
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Oven Roasted Potatoes With Orange Zest
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- Tia's Treats