Celebrities feel the bloat after seasonal feasting just like the rest of us; Eric Helms, a juicing expert who helps Salma Hayek slim down for events, recently revealed how she recovers from holiday meals. Hayek and Helms founded the Cooler Cleanse together, so it's no surprise that the "Puss and Boots" actress turns to vegetable juice.
"A great way to de-bloat is to have an Essential Green juice in the morning," Helms advised. "It has dark green vegetables which contains [sic] essential vitamins and minerals crucial for the cleansing functions of the kidneys and liver. These greens are highly alkalizing to your cells -- this counters the damage done by the corrosive acidic waste products from all the meat, sugar, dairy and other common foods."
- Office-Wide Juice Cleanses Are on the Rise
- Salma Hayek Talks Juicing
- Holiday Diet Tips from the Stars
- Salma Hayek Talks Food and Diet
- Martha Stewart Stays Healthy With Greens
- Make Your Own Green Juice with Apple
- 8 Ways To Spice Up Your Homemade Juice Creations
- Fat Sick and Nearly Dead
- Do You Have a Drinking Problem?
- Wheatless Wednesday: Fried Green Tomatoes
- Xocai and Cranberry or Pomegranate Cooler
- Italian Green Beans & Tomato
- Marinated Lamb With Tomato and Green Onion
- Green Juice With Apple
- Tomato Juice
- Have A Glass Of “unbeetable” Juice!
- Diabetic Fresh Peach Juice Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Green Bean Bajjis
- Fast-Acting 3-way Juice Drink