Celebrities feel the bloat after seasonal feasting just like the rest of us; Eric Helms, a juicing expert who helps Salma Hayek slim down for events, recently revealed how she recovers from holiday meals. Hayek and Helms founded the Cooler Cleanse together, so it's no surprise that the "Puss and Boots" actress turns to vegetable juice.
"A great way to de-bloat is to have an Essential Green juice in the morning," Helms advised. "It has dark green vegetables which contains [sic] essential vitamins and minerals crucial for the cleansing functions of the kidneys and liver. These greens are highly alkalizing to your cells -- this counters the damage done by the corrosive acidic waste products from all the meat, sugar, dairy and other common foods."
- Office-Wide Juice Cleanses Are on the Rise
- Salma Hayek Talks Juicing
- Make Your Own Green Juice with Apple
- Salma Hayek Talks Food and Diet
- Holiday Diet Tips from the Stars
- 3 Gwyneth Paltrow Diet Tips
- Liquid Living: A Juice Cleansing Journey, Part One
- Who Needs Solid Food: A Juice Cleansing Journey, Part Two
- Peaches Geldof is on a Liquid Diet
- Naomi Campbell Went on Juice Diet for Versace Runway Show