Spurred by redesigned restaurants and a focus on quality foods, Wendy's appears poised to flip spots with Burger King as the number 2 fast food burger chain. At the beginning of 2010, Burger King enjoyed roughly 13.3 percent of fast food sales while Wendy's trailed with 12.8 percent. That looks like it will change.
"We expect Wendy's to overtake privately-held Burger King for the number-two market-share position within the limited-service hamburger sector, perhaps as soon as this year," Mark Kalinowski, an analyst with Janney Capital Markets, wrote in his report.
Other fast food news:
- Wendy's Japan Offers Lobster and Caviar Burger on Premium Menu
- Wendy's Faces Enormous Identity Crisis
- Wendy's Foie Gras Burger Ruffles Feathers
- Restaurant Chains on Social Media Infographic Shows Brands' Presence Online
- Pincher's Crab Shack Sues Wendy's Over "You Can't Fake Fresh" Slogan
- Subway and Wendy's Plan to Beef Up Presence in China
- Wendy's Japan Offers Crazy Sandwiches
- McDonald's Director of Culinary Innovation Dishes on Obesity and the Future of Fast Food
- McDonald's China to Open One Restaurant a Day by 2015
- Bob's Burger Chain Uses Edible Packaging
- Kathy Casey's Number 1 Manhattan
- Wendy's Tasty Cole Slaw
- Sophie's Vegetarian Haloumi Burger With All Of Its Trimmings!
- Sophie's Burger With Sweet Potatoes Fries
- Oat N' Turkey Burgers
- Paula Deen's Heart Attack Burgers
- Athlete's Palate ~ Turkey Burger W/vegetables~
- Sophie's Spiced Bean Burgers
- Sophie's Gluten Free Chicken Burgers
- The Gourmet Butcher's Fancy Burgers (Grind It Yourself)