America's largest restaurant chain, Subway, will offer a $2 6-inch sandwich for the month of December as customers still remain committed to cheap meals during the recession. The deal applies to their meatball and cold cut sandwiches.
"It's a magical price point," consumer psychologist Kit Yarrow told USA Today. "What it communicates to consumers is that Subway is on their side."
Other large chains like Chipotle, Taco Bell and some KFCs have also recently experimented with $2 meals. December is typically a slower month for fast food sales, but Subway could lure people into their restaurants with the deal. Most customers end up spending more than they intended.
Curious what's actually in that sub of yours? Check out the ingredients here.
More Subway news:
- 9 Great Money Saving Coupons
- Subway Tests Creamy Sriracha Sauce in California
- Facebook Kills Off Deals Feature
- Subway's Sriracha Chicken Melt is Testing in Florida
- Glenn Beck Launches Groupon Clone
- 4 Courses for $15 at Red Lobster
- Groupon Damages Businesses Reputations
- Starbucks, Groupon Outperform Expectations
- An Important Take on Google Offers
- 2 Must Read Articles Ahead of Groupon IPO
- Meatball Subs
- Hearty Meatball Subs
- Vegetable Subs
- Chicken Teriyaki Sub With Sweet Onion Sauce
- Sausage & Onion Sub!!!
- Fresh Fig Cake With Amaretto Fig Compote And 2 Great Dessert Wines
- Indian Summer Chili - Great Party Food
- Grilled Ham, Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Panini
- Pulled Pork With Mango Bbq Sauce
- Mexican Black Bean and Spice-Rubbed Tofu Torta with Puerto Rican inspired Tostones