Celebrities of all shades made the switch to veganism in 2011, largely inspired by the documentary "Forks Over Knives." From Ozzy Osbourne to Giuliana Rancic, see which celebs became vegan this year.
1. Russell Brand: Katy Perry's husband was already a vegetarian, but he omitted all animal products after watching "Forks Over Knives."
2. Eliza Dushku: The "True Lies" actress announced her transition to veganism via Twitter in December.
3. Ozzy Osbourne: Like Brand and Dushku, the Prince of Darkness was inspired to adopt a vegan diet after watching "Forks Over Knives."
4. Giuliana Rancic: The E! News host began her transition to veganism by omitting red meat, and was inspired by Kathy Freston's book "Veganist."
5. Alicia Silverstone: Yes, Silverstone has been a vocal vegan for years, but she recently announced that she's feeding son Bear Blu a vegan diet, which merits a spot on this list.
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- 3 Celebs who had Meat-Free Weddings
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Vegan
- Eliza Dushku Adopts a Vegan Diet
- Travis Barker Credits 2008 Plane Crash for His Vegan Lifestyle
- Steve-O Contributes to 21-Day Vegan Kickstart
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Who Says They Don’t Like Cauliflower: Roasted Cauliflower and Poblano Pepper Soup
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup