Katy Perry is using her commercial success to give back: she's donating over $175,000 from "California Dreams" ticket sales to charity. Fifty nonprofit organizations will receive donations from Perry, including $40,000 apiece to Generosity Water, Children's Health Fund and the Humane Society of the United States.
"I'm thrilled to be able to help support the work these organizations are doing to fight and prevent animal cruelty, provide health care to homeless children and bring clean drinking water to communities around the world," Katy Perry said in a statement. For another celebrity who is using fame for good, see 50 Cent's new energy shot, which will help fight world hunger.
- The Cupcake Corset Dress Lets You Channel Katy Perry
- Katy Perry Partners with Popchips
- The Katy Perry Diet
- Katy Perry Popchips Ads Revealed
- Katy Perry Gets Her Own Popchips Flavor
- Katy Perry Tour Rider Emphasizes Organic Produce
- Katy Perry Gets Food Poisoning, Reschedules "California Dreams" Concert Dates
- Katy Perry Struggles with Vegetarianism
- Katy Perry Loves British Food
- How Katy Perry Satisfies Food Cravings Without Gaining Weight