"Hell's Kitchen" Season 3 winner Rock Harper has a new gig: director of operations at DC Central Kitchen, a nonprofit that feeds and offers culinary job training for the homeless and hungry in Washington, D.C. The nonprofit transforms 3,000 pounds of leftover food into 4,500 meals for 100 rehabilitation clinics, shelters and transitional homes.
"I love the kitchen and what they've done over the past 21, 22 years," said Harper. "And for me to be able to see where I can take it, to build on what's already done, to me is truly exciting. It's a unique opportunity for me to take this thing to another level, which, what is that? It's not a restaurant level. It's not going to end up on the front of some foodie magazines."
Rock Harper envisions DCCK eventually selling local restaurants and food-service outlets stock, diced vegetables or sauces. To read about another innovative group fighting hunger, see this article on Food Not Bombs.
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Hosts VIP Charity Night
- Gordon Ramsay's 'Hell's Kitchen' Renewed for Two More Seasons
- Diehard Fan Makes 42-Minute Video of Gordon Ramsay Cursing on Hell's Kitchen
- 10 Unforgettable Gordon Ramsay Stories From 2011
- Gordon Ramsay Gets Yet Another Reality Show
- What The Hell Is That Smell - 5 Kitchen Mysteries And How To Fix Them
- Gordon Ramsay's 'Hotel Hell' Renewed
- 5 Pieces of Advice from a Hell's Kitchen Chef
- Ben & Jerry's 30 Rock Ice Cream is a Tasteful Farewell
- The Rock Eats Seven Meals a Day for 'Hercules'
- Royal Icing That Won't Dry Rock Hard
- Mexican Black Bean and Spice-Rubbed Tofu Torta with Puerto Rican inspired Tostones
- Spicy Burgers From Hell
- Herbed Vegetables In A Feta Quiche With A Wild Rice Crust
- Mighty Arrow Cheddar Soup
- One Thousand Ants - Angel Food Cake
- Oven Roasted Fish In Rock Salt
- How To Make Your Own Rock Candy
- Old Fashioned Rock Candy
- Jamaican Rock Buns