Beck's is auctioning off 100 bottles emblazoned with Andy Warhol's self-portraits, and the beer company is courting Klout influencers to build buzz (and hopefully bids). Beck's released invites to the online auction to any Klout user with a score above 35 and topics that include painting and social media; however, due to Klout's ability for users to share perk invites, well-connected Klout users with influence in other topics are also getting access.
Proceeds from the Beck's Warhol 100 auction will benefit The Green Box Project by Beck's and the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts. For another unusual booze auction, see this article on Bernie Madoff's wine collection.
- M.I.A Redesigns Beck's Beer Bottle Labels
- Fans Remember Andy Warhol With Cans of Campbell's Soup
- Campbell's Soup Releases Limited Edition Warhol Inspired Soup Cans
- Carl's Jr. Auctions Off Miss Turkey's Bikini
- Samuel Adams' Utopias Beer is a Pricey Brew
- Sotheby's Selling Kale to the Highest Bidder
- The Brewer's Cow Creates Beer-Infused Ice Cream
- Beer Can and Stein Cookies Are Drinkers' Desserts
- Dogfish Head Brewing Uses Cinemagraphs to Promote Tweason'ale Strawberry Ale
- Dave Murray's Cubist "Beer Series"
- Laura Moon's Chili
- Beer Can Chicken, Country Style Vegetables with Roasted Garlic
- Ginger Beer Can Chicken
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Three Ingredient Party Shrimp
- Dogfish Shrimp And Stir Fried Cabbage Fajitas With Sour Cream Dill Sauce
- Beer Can Chicken
- Flourless Chocolate and Dried Cherry Torte With Kriek Beer
- Welsh Rarebit
- Solstice Wassail