The Chicago Tribune devoted a ton of space to a trend piece with the shocking revelation that many men actually enjoy doing grocery shopping. Beyond the silly anecdotes from two or three men, the story includes some interesting facts and figures.
According to a survey, 31 percent of men are now the primary grocery shopper in the family, up from just 14 percent in 1985. A Yahoo survey found the total to be much higher with 51 percent of men claiming to be the primary shopper in the family.
Stores have taken notice and changed some marketing practices. Some have established "man aisles" since many men are "uncomfortable" while shopping.
Who does the shopping in your house? Or maybe you're like this family with no one going to the grocery store.
- China's Smart Cart Syncs Coupons Straight to Your Smartphone
- Would You Eat Human Placenta?
- Newest Cooking Trend Involves Hay
- New Trend Called Cone-ing
- Are Donuts the Next Cupcake?
- 5 Best Bacon Stories of 2011
- Innovative New Ice Cream Shops
- Gluten Free Test Kitchen Tuesdays with Heather Leets R.D.
- Survival Senbei Rice Cracker iPhone Case is an Edible Case
- My Cat Does Not Do This