Aaron Carter is one of the contestants on the Food Network's Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off, but the singer says he and his family have been cooking long before he was asked to be on the show. "I come from a big family of cooks. We are very serious about our dinners," he said.
Before the show, Carter says he would often cook with his sister but when it comes to steaks, he is the master of the kitchen.
"I love cooking dinner with my twin sister, Angel, but she always tries to take over the kitchen and kick me out. Truth be told, I make a better steak than she does - I add the right amount of butter to the pan to give the meat a crusty char. But she makes some mean mashed potatoes," Carter said. "I remember my mom videotaping us during a family dinner when we were both 3 years old. Angel was so tired that she passed out right into the mashed potatoes on her plate! Ever since then she's taken this strange liking to them."
What Carter did learn from Celebrity Cook-Off was how to use herbs and spices in different ways.
"I never used herbs and spices in my cooking," he said. "[Now] I buy dried parsley, basil and garlic powder. I splurge on the ones in glass bottles because they feel fancier than those in plastic."
Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off premieres tomorrow on the Food Network.
- Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri to Host Celebrity Cook-Off
- Preview Rachael vs Guy Celebrity Cook-Off
- Rachael Ray Talks Celebrity Cook-Off
- New Cast of 'Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off' Revealed
- Summer Sanders Dishes on 'Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off'
- Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri Unveil "Guy vs. Rachael's Celebrity Smackdown"
- Guy Fieri Teams with Matthew McConaughey for 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives'
- Grodon Ramsay Heads to Bravo for New Show 'America's Best Restaurant'
- Watch the Trailer for Bravo's 'Eat, Drink, Love'
- Official Famous Food Trailer Released: Will Heidi Montag and Danielle Staub Sink or Swim?
- Chicken Catchadora(ble guy)
- Ny Pretzel Chicken Inspired By Rachael Ray
- Knock Your Socks Off Stuffed Potatoes With Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Off-Dry Black Currant Wine - 1000l
- Corn-Off-The-Cob Salad
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake That Will Knock Your Sock Off
- Fall Off The Bone Baby Back Ribs
- All Day Simple Slow-Cooker FALL OFF the BONE Ribs!
- French Vanilla Butter Cake With Raspberry Filling Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Bittersweet Ganache
- Kande Pohe Recipe