Is Hoosier Momma the best Bloody Mary mix in America? I think so. Is it the blast of celery? The creamy smooth, yet robust texture of the tomatoes, a quick tang of citrus juices and the spike of hot peppers? What about the fact that Hoosier Momma is vegan, gluten free and all natural?
Less important to me, but more important to those of us who pay attention to these things.
I'm thrilled, no, let me say honored to have had the opportunity to start my new year off with a robust Bloody Mary, made with Bluewater (USDA Certified Organic) Vodka from Colorado and a thick and creamy slurp of the BEST Bloody Mary mix I have ever enjoyed.
Why Bluewater Vodka? Because it is amongst the best Bloody Mary vodkas on my bar. Sure, I like Bluewater straight up.. It has a unique flavor profile. Part of the trouble of writing about spirits is that simple fact that everything on the bar is of the highest quality. It's really hard to choose one over the other!
No hangover here this morning. It's January the FIRST... New Year's Day... I have no hang-over to contend with. I can taste the flavor profile of Hoosier Momma. Each of the ingredients stands out without the palate driven-nightmare of "last night's party" getting in the way of my taste buds.
I took a healthy splash of the Bluewater Vodka- maybe a bit more than my usual- and added it to a hand-blown glass filled with ice. Then opened the distinctively handsome jar of Hoosier Momma. Thick, rich and aromatic. Each aroma that rises from the jar is redolent of peppers, onions, citrus fruits and a hint of the Far East. That would be the wheat free Tamari sauce speaking to me. I'm going to make another one.
If you clicked on January the First- you'll know by now why I am having another. Cheers to you and yours!
Happy New Year!
Photo: Warren Bobrow- Leica M8, Summicron 50mm F2 (Digital)
- Is this the best Salsa in America? I think so.
- Is CURE the Best Cocktail Bar in America? Yes!
- 5 New Cocktails That Say: Good Health, Good Cheer for Thanksgiving!
- Have I found the best Gin in America? Quite Possibly!
- I'm learning to love (at least try to like) Scotch
- Bluewater Gin and Smoked Salmon
- In celebration of Amanda Knox' acquittal and release from Italian Prison...
- Homemade Gin Kit: What a great idea!
- Four Vodkas that you MUST find
- Pina Colada Popsicles
- A sensational summer sip from Prince Edward Island, The "Eddy"
- A healthy twist on the Pina Colada
- Easy Mojito Recipe
- Cranberry Crush
- Cranberry Citrus Cocktail
- A timely take on the Old Fashioned
- Cinnamon Hot Toddy, infused with sunshine
- This is how I keep the cold away; gingery grapefruit gimlet
- Negroni, a cocktail worthy of royaty
- Momma’s Almost Famous Crab Cakes