Eva Longoria tried her hand at veganism, but soon realized the animal product-free lifestyle was just not for her.
"I love the philosophy behind veganism, but I went from one day eating chicken and meat to eating just salad. I didn't know how to be a vegan," the actress admitted. "I didn't know about soy or almond butter. I didn't know that there are great breads. So I literally stuck to salads. And I think I passed out the first week."
Longoria's run with a vegan diet might have been a bit more successful if she tried a vegetarian diet first.
- Eva Longoria Tried a Sugar-Less Diet
- Eva Longoria Goes Low-Carb
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- 5 Celebrities Who Became Vegan in 2011
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Vegan
- Eliza Dushku Adopts a Vegan Diet
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Eva's Onion Bhajis
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup