Update: Wegmans has reinstated the Alec Baldwin commercial. You can read Wegmans' full statement on the issue here.
Wegmans Food Markets is officially parting ways with their latest celebrity spokesperson, Alec Baldwin, after the actor caused controversy during a recent American Airlines flight.
Earlier in the month, Baldwin made headlines when he refused to turn off his smartphone during departure of a flight. The actor was eventually kicked off the plane, after which he took to his Twitter page to rant about the incident. Wegmans customers were none-too-pleased and began to complain about the actor's affiliation with the grocery store chain.
The Baldwin Wegmans commercial was originally produced to air during the holiday season in 2010. The company was reusing the ad for the 2011 season, but pulled the commercial off the air a week earlier than planned.
- Alec Baldwin Calls Out Starbucks Employee on Twitter
- Burger King Pulls Mary J. Blige Commercial
- Alec Baldwin Lost 35 Pounds
- Weird Wednesday: Chumlee's $11,500 Bar Bill, Fried Bubblegum and 126-Pound Cabbages
- Alec Baldwin Loses 30 Pounds by Giving Up Sugar
- 8 Bizarre Celebrity Food and Drink Commercials
- Cee Lo Green 7UP Commercial Gets Nostalgic
- Watch a Preview of Taylor Swift's First Diet Coke Commercial
- George Clooney and Stacy Keibler to Star in New Tequila Commercial
- George Clooney Jumps Into Bed with Cindy Crawford in New Tequila Commercial