Darren Jones is a Diet Coke addict who wishes to head to rehab to kick his soda habit. Jones puts back 42 liters of Diet Coke a week, which costs him over $600 a month; his addiction has cost him his job and caused him to be diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure.
"What's worrying is the addiction gets so bad I did admit I would find it difficult to choose between my Diet Cola and [my girlfriend] Paula if I was told I could only take one item to a desert island," he said. For an even odder addiction, check out this dirt addict.
- Taylor Swift Signs a Deal with Diet Coke
- 5 Freaky Food Addictions
- Space Invaders Coca-Cola Packaging
- Coca-Cola 125th Anniversary Cans Inspire Nostalgia
- Coca-Cola Freestyle App Lets You Play Soda Mixologist
- Diet Coke Launches Can For Women
- Jean Paul Gaultier Signs Deal with Diet Coke
- Marc Jacobs is Diet Coke's New Creative Director
- Bacardi Cuba Libre Turns 111
- Jillian Michaels Talks Healthy Eating Habits