January 8, 2012
Lemon and bean quinoa salad is a quick and easy meal that is healthy too! This ancient seed cooks in only 15 minutes. It is packed with protein and high in magnesium and iron. Mix the quinoa with some chopped herbs, beans, a little lemon juice and olive and your done. Feel free to add whatever veggies in the fridge for extra flavor and nutrition. Lemon and bean quinoa salad is a delicious start to 2012.
1 can light red kidney beans – rinsed and drained
1 cup quinoa
1 small or ½ of a medium red onion, finely chopped
1 handful of fresh flat parsley leaves, roughly chopped
1 lemon juiced and zested
salt & pepper
Make your quinoa according to the directions on the package. Remember that quinoa is like any other pasta or grain; be sure to salt the water to season.
In a large bowl, mix together the kidney beans, onion, parsley and lemon zest.
Strain your cooked quinoa – use a colander with small holes, these little grains are tiny.
Pour the warm quinoa into the bean mixture and add lemon juice.
Toss to combine drizzling in a touch of olive oil for a glossy finish.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Allow 10 to 15 minutes for the grains to absorb the lemon and olive oil and serve in a large bowl.
- Vegan Honey Balsamic Bean Salad
- Light and Healthy Almond and Apricot Quinoa Salad
- 5 Quick Quinoa Salads
- Meatless Monday: Red Quinoa and Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad and Other Quinoa Salad Recipes
- Chocolate Almond Protein Smoothie
- Ingredient of the Week: Quinoa
- Cheesy Black Bean, Broccoli and Quinoa Casserole
- Light and Clean Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge
- Meatless Monday: Caprese Quinoa Salad
- Lemon and Bean Quinoa Salad
- Pumpkin Risotto with millet
- Red Quinoa, Kale, Blood Orange and Pom Salad With Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- Garden Bean Salad
- Italian Bean Salad
- Beet Root Chops
- Healthy Quinoa Salad With Apricots and Almonds
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Cheesy Chicken and Vegetable Quinoa
- Brown Rice with French Beans and Fenugreek Vegetable Recipe