Steve-O is helping others make the switch to a vegan lifestyle by sharing his own tips through the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart, a campaign from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM).
Steve-O first became a vegan back in 2008 after being inspired by a video.
"I came across a video of this Krishna consciousness guy in India," he said. "He was talking about how it's more difficult to be saved in the Western world because there's less respect for life and the planet... And I was sitting there snorting a pile of Ketamine and another pile of cocaine, popping pills, drinking booze, and smoking weed. Watching that video, I determined, 'I have to quit eating meat.'" Steve-O added that he felt he had to compensate for his "over-the-top conscientious of my diet."
Now, the reality star is helping others do the same by sharing his own nutritional tips and his favorite vegan recipes. To see Steve-O's tips for going vegan, click here.
- Steve-O Opens Up About Why He Went Vegan
- Vegan Steve-O Stomps Out of Meat-Heavy Charity Event
- Join the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart
- "Jackass" Star Steve-O on a Mission To End Animal Suffering
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- 5 Celebrities Who Became Vegan in 2011
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Eliza Dushku Adopts a Vegan Diet
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Vegan, Low Fat "A La Russe" Olivier Salad
- Delicious Lemon Cake