Is Paula Deen about to announce that she has diabetes? That's what news outlets The Daily and USA Today are reporting. The rumors started in April 2011, when the National Enquirer initially reported that the lovable celebrity chef has Type 2 diabetes.
The Daily says that Paula Deen is "about to come clean and confess that she can't eat her own dishes anymore because she has diabetes." The article goes on to quote a source close to Deen, who alleges that Deen is currently working on a multimillion-dollar endorsement deal with Novartis for one of its drugs.
"Paula Deen is going to have to reposition herself now that she has diabetes," the source said. "She's going to have to start cooking healthier recipes. She can't keep pushing mac and cheese and deep-fried Twinkies when she is hawking a diabetes drug."
- Sam Talbot Offers Advice to Paula Deen
- Paula Deen to Offer Lighter Recipes
- Op-Ed: Why the Paula Deen Diabetes Debacle Matters for Food Bloggers
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- Paula Deen Confirms Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis
- Anthony Bourdain Weighs in on Paula Deen Diabetes Diagnosis
- Paula Deen Gives Up Sweet Tea
- Paula Deen has Lost 2 Pant Sizes
- Anthony Bourdain Continues Verbal Assault on Paula Deen at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival
- How Paula Deen Lost 30 Pounds