January 16, 2012
This versatile roasted vegetable tart is gluten-free and vegan! You can fill the tart with any number of delicious winter vegetables. This recipe leans towards Mediterranean flavors but feel free to add your favorite herb and spice combinations. This roasted vegetable tart is perfect for a comforting dinner on a cold winter's day.
Jules Pie Crust:
1 cup Jules All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
5 tablespoons shortening, butter or non-dairy alternative (like EarthBalance)
3 tablespoons Cold Water
1 medium Red Onion, coarsely chopped
1 Roma Tomato, sliced
1/4 pound Spinach
1 Bell Pepper (Red, Orange or Yellow), cut into strips
1 Zucchini, sliced into rounds
1/4 - Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch long segments
2 tablespoons +2 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cloves Roasted Garlic, crushed*
1 Potato or Sweet Potato, parboiled and sliced, if desired
For the filling:
Preheat oven to 425 F
Place zucchini, asparagus and bell pepper on a baking sheet or dish and drizzle with olive oil and salt, tossing lightly to coat.
Place vegetables in oven and roast for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
While vegetables were roasting, prepare pie crust.
For Jules Pie Crust:
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
Cut in shortening using two knives or a pastry cutter until the mixture is grainy and resembles a fine meal.
Add cold water until dough can be shaped into a ball -- err on the side of wet rather than dry and crumbly!
Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and set aside on the counter for 30 minutes.
Reduce oven to 375 F.
Place pie crust in pie plate, pinching edges to form a decorative border.
Place roasted vegetables in first (including parboiled potatoes, if desired), adding red onions, Roma tomato slices and spinach on top.
Drizzle with remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown, and spinach and tomatoes are wilted.
Serve hot or cold.
To Roast Garlic:
Cut the the top 1/2" off of a head of garlic.
Wrap the whole head in foil with a light drizzle (1 TSP) of olive oil.
Roast at 400 F for 30-35 minutes, or until soft.
- 3 Rad Raw Recipes - Gluten Free Too!
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Best-Ever Roasted Vegetable Tart - Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Celiac Saturday: Eggplant Artichoke Galette
- Low Iodine Living: Day 5
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Mushroom Madness - 6 Must Try Gluten Free Recipes
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Roasted Vegetable Tart (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Gluten free focaccia
- Shiitake Noodle Soup
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Tofu Stuffed Peppers
- Oven Fries
- Egyptian Black Lentil Soup
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce