January 16th marks the first day of Prohibition that was enacted in the United States in 1920. To celebrate our freedom to drink (responsibly), make this recipe for Prohibition Tea from Stasy.com. This cocktail is a smooth, slightly sweet, with a hint of lemon. Prohibition Tea is guaranteed to warm you up even though it is served ice cold.
60ml of Tennessee Whiskey (I used Gentleman Jack, but any Tennessee Whiskey/ Bourbon would work fine. I’m very fond of Woodford Reserve too.)
20 ml of sweet vermouth
2 dashes of bitters
Three ice cubes
Splash of lemonade, enough to top up your cup
Place all the ingredients, except the lemonade into a cocktail shaker. Shake and mix the ingredients well, and then strain straight into a teacup. Top up the teacup with a splash of lemonade and garnish with a thin slice of lemon. Serve with a few small slices of lemon on the side. Drink like its illegal.
- Thirsty Thursday: 3 Awesome Autumn Cocktails
- Thirsty Thursday: Tea & Alcohol
- Thirsty Thursday: The Bee's Knees
- Thirsty Thursday: 3 Classic Eggnog Recipes
- Thirsty Thursday: Gluten Free Alcohol
- 5 Heavenly Hot Toddy Recipes
- Thirsty Thursday: Irish Coffee
- Classic Cocktail: Whiskey Sour
- Whiskey Cocktails-My Second Book!!!
- Thirsty Thursdays: Irish Car Bomb