Back in August, we reported on Anthony Bourdain's feud with Paula Deen -- you know, the one in which he called her "the worst, most-dangerous-to-America cook on the Food Network" -- and the cantankerous "No Reservations" host recently revealed his thoughts on Deen's diabetes diagnosis. Speaking with Eater.com, Bourdain said, "I feel bad [for Deen]. But this entire weekend people have been calling looking for quotes. I guess it's a moderate interest. I mean, how long has she known?"
"She's been looking for ways to position herself," Bourdain posited. "Is she really going to be selling the cure now? Or will she back off for a decent interval? I take no pleasure in it. There ain't nothing funny about diabetes."
Anthony Bourdain also wondered how long Paula Deen has been "cheerfully" preparing her butter-laden signature dishes knowing that she has Type 2 diabetes, adding, "It's in bad taste, if nothing else."
- Anthony Bourdain Continues Verbal Assault on Paula Deen at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival
- Paula Deen Confirms Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis
- Op-Ed: Is the Feud Between Anthony Bourdain and Paula Deen a Calculated Marketing Maneuver? Author Perry Perkins Weighs In
- Op-Ed: Why the Paula Deen Diabetes Debacle Matters for Food Bloggers
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- Will Paula Deen Announce She Has Diabetes?
- Sam Talbot Offers Advice to Paula Deen
- Paula Deen Gives Up Sweet Tea
- Funny or Die Writes Paula Deen's Health Food Cookbook
- 5 Bitter Anthony Bourdain Feuds: Paula Deen, Rachael Ray and More