Over the weekend, we reported on the rumors that Paula Deen has Type 2 diabetes, and the affable Southern chef confirmed those rumors in a prepared statement. As we originally reported, Deen is endorsing a major Type 2 diabetes medication -- Victoza by Novo Nordisk -- on her website and in a new initiative called Diabetes in a New Light.
"I'm excited to team up with Novo Nordisk on this initiative to show others that managing diabetes does not have to stop you from enjoying the things you love," said Paula Deen. Are you pleased that Deen is using her diagnosis to raise awareness?
- Op-Ed: Why the Paula Deen Diabetes Debacle Matters for Food Bloggers
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- Will Paula Deen Announce She Has Diabetes?
- Anthony Bourdain Weighs in on Paula Deen Diabetes Diagnosis
- Sam Talbot Offers Advice to Paula Deen
- Anthony Bourdain Continues Verbal Assault on Paula Deen at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival
- Paula Deen Gives Up Sweet Tea
- Funny or Die Writes Paula Deen's Health Food Cookbook
- Paula Deen to Offer Lighter Recipes
- Paula Deen Talks Healthy Southern Food in 'Prevention'