Paula Deen has recently admitted that she has Type 2 Diabetes. Now, everyone wants to know how the celebrity chef known for her fatty deep fried recipes has changed her diet. Deen says she hasn't given up on all her favorites, but she is sad to say that she no longer drinks sweet tea.
"I gave up sweet tea. It was not easy for a Southern girl," Deen said. "I would start drinking sweet tea at lunch, and I would drink it up 'till I went to bed. It was staggering how much sugar I consumed in empty calories just from drinking my tea."
Deen also said she doesn't "eat as much cake as I would like."
- Sam Talbot Offers Advice to Paula Deen
- Op-Ed: Why the Paula Deen Diabetes Debacle Matters for Food Bloggers
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- Paula Deen Confirms Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis
- Will Paula Deen Announce She Has Diabetes?
- Anthony Bourdain Weighs in on Paula Deen Diabetes Diagnosis
- Anthony Bourdain Continues Verbal Assault on Paula Deen at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival
- Paula Deen to Offer Lighter Recipes
- Paula Deen Talks Healthy Southern Food in 'Prevention'
- Funny or Die Writes Paula Deen's Health Food Cookbook
- French Vanilla Butter Cake With Raspberry Filling Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Bittersweet Ganache
- Banana & blueberry muffins
- Oolong Tea Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Cake 2
- Rooibos Vanilla Sweet Rolls
- Banana Spheres
- Matcha Lemon Cake
- Baking Spice Blends: Russian Mulling Spice
- Blueberry Bake
- Pesto Roasted Potatoes