PETA has a new project on the horizon and they want OJ Simspon's house for it. Simspon is current serving time for armed robbery and his Maimi mansion is facing foreclosure. But, PETA has some interesting plans for the property. They want to turn it into a "Meat is Murder" museum to promote a vegetarian lifestyle.
"Our museum will remind visitors that violence may not always be preventable but that it sometimes can be prevented and that non-violence begins on our plates," said Ingrid Newkirk, president of PETA. "For instance, many wonderful flesh-and-blood individuals, who feel pain and fear as acutely as humans do and who value their lives in much the same way, are knifed to death every day for nothing more than a fleeting taste of flesh. In slaughterhouses, chickens and turkeys have their throats slit, and frightened pigs and cattle are hung up by one leg, skinned, and dismembered."
Wanting to use Simpson's house is indeed symbolic, but not in the ways you might think.
"Simpson... was once a spokesperson for and a franchise owner for two chicken restaurants, and he held a 50 percent ownership in eight HoneyBaked Ham stores," Newkirk said.
- PETA Releases Top 10 Vegan-Friendly Cities
- Mayim Bialik Trashes Meat for PETA
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- 5 Foods You Thought Were Vegan But Aren’t!
- Angela Simmons Promotes Vegetarianism with PETA
- Jorja Fox Reveals Vegetarian Ad for PETA
- PETA Advocates for All-Vegan Mars
- Denise Richards Asks PETA for Vegan Cookbook Suggestions
- Jessica Simpson's Post-Pregnancy Diet
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- Vegan, Low Fat "A La Russe" Olivier Salad