Want to travel? Want to learn how to cook? You might be in luck, one of the winners of the Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook, Ashley Bartner, owns and operates a cooking school in Le Marche, Italy. You will learn how prepare Italian food from the sea, from the woods, and from the fields. Check out the featured classes below. For more information, visit the website or email Ashley at email@example.com
Cooking with Spring’s Wild Edibles: 29 March - 2 April 2012 from 490 Euro/person
Fields of wild radicchio ready to be picked, young nettle perfect for tongue tingling ravioli, rich & creamy artichoke risotto - the flavors of Spring in Le Marche. Learn to cook with the seasons - , asparagus with salsa verde, grilled wild radicchio crostini with cherry tomatoes, delicate frittata with wild greens & aged traditional balsamic vinegar.
Includes: 4 nights, guided wild edible walk, 2 half day cooking class with apron & cookbook gift, two meals with wine, five course dinner and breakfast daily.
Basics of the Italian Kitchen: Country, Sea & Garden Cooking: 12 - 17 June 2012 from 750 Euro/person
Learn to cook a whole fish in salt crust, anchovies two different ways, pasta with vongole (clams), rich meat heavy main courses from the woods and vegetarian delights from the garden in three diverse hands-on cooking classes. Then enjoy a full day exploring the little-known wine region of Le Marche with our expert guide Marco, tasting local family-run wines
Includes: 5 nights, 3 cooking classes (1 full day, 1 half day) with 3 meals & wine, gift apron & cookbook, guided wine tour & tasting with lunch (includes transportation), five course dinner and breakfast daily.
Forage, Slaughter & Butcher Your Meal: 25-30 October 2012 from 885 Euro per person
If you call yourself a "foodie," pig lover, wine-o, tartufaio, gourmet or gourmand this culinary holiday is for you! A carnivore’s delight - butchering, sausage making, chicken slaughtering with hands-on cooking classes, truffles and wine tour & tasting.
Includes: Five nights accommodations, welcome five course feast, two full day cooking classes, wine tour & transportation, mushroom hunt, butchering class, breakfast daily, three lunches, four dinners, evening snack, wine with meals, heating, all taxes. (Based on double occupancy. Special discounted rate for group of 4 or more.)
- Don't Miss: Live Italian Cooking Classes Online!
- The Illustrated Julia Child Biography Teaches Children About this American Icon
- Pinterest Board of the Week: Picnic Foods
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Spinach and Barley Bowtie Pasta
- Cheesecake and Other Creamy Desserts That Will Blow Your Mind
- Monday's 5 Must-Read Blog Posts
- Lemon Basil Pesto and More No-Cook Summer Sauces
- 5 More Perfect Panna Cotta
- Copycat Recipes: Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Easy and Delicious Pesto Recipe
- Aisha Foodista's Easy and Delicious Pesto Recipe
- Long Fusilli With Italian Sausages
- Homemade Tagliatelle With Wild Boar Ragu
- Pasta with Peas and Italian Sausage
- A Savory Italian Appetizer
- Farfalle with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella
- Come Si Prepara Il “pan Di Spagna”, Base Per Torte Da Conservare E Tenere Pronta Per Ogni Occasione.
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Quick & Easy Mini Pizza Buns!