PETA and PCRM think that Paula Deen should adopt a vegan diet to manage her diabetes. Dr. Susan Levin of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine wrote a letter to Deen encouraging her to take part in the organization's 21-Day Vegan Kickstart, which over 150,000 people with diabetes have successfully used. PETA sent Deen the "Glass Walls" DVD by Paul McCartney and one of its vegetarian/vegan starter kits with a letter imploring her to ditch meat.
"Needless to say, many people initially balk at the idea of setting aside meat and cheese," Dr. Levin wrote. "But as a native Alabamian who grew up on Southern cooking, I can assure you that Southern classics such as mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese translate very well into hearty, delicious vegan dishes."
Do you think Deen should adopt a plant-based diet?
- Paul McCartney Wants You to Have a Turkey-Less Thanksgiving
- Meredith Vieira Goes Vegan
- Celebrate Sir Paul McCartney's Birthday by Supporting Meatless Monday
- Paul McCartney Serves a Vegetarian Meal at his Wedding
- PCRM Billboards Shock With Fat-Shaming, Anti-Dairy Message
- Paul McCartney Releases Song Promoting Vegetarian Diet
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Paul McCartney Speaks Out Against French Ban of Veggie Meals
- Paul McCartney Releases Vegetarian Cookbook
- Fresh Summer Salads