Singer Jason Mraz is a big fan of his vegan diet -- he recently said that the meat-free lifestyle has made him a better lover. In a blog post on Thursday, he wrote the following:
I've also been on a pretty strict plant-based diet for 4 months now -- feeling stronger, fitter, healthier and more productive. I ride longer distances on my bike, can do more pull-ups than ever, and my brain seems to have a larger capacity for new projects, problem solving, songwriting and fielding random questions. My health and strength make me a better performer and all that combined gives me more confidence to go out in the world and shine my light. It also makes me a lot better in bed.
In the blog post, Mraz also recommends that readers view the documentary "Forks Over Knives," calling it "a life-changer." He indicates that we can get a day's worth of protein from hemp seed, greens and quinoa, plus a few supplements, but warns, "Always listen to your body before doing anything drastic." What do you think of Jason Mraz's vegan revelations?
- 5 Celebrities Inspired by 'Forks Over Knives'
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- 5 Celebrities Who Became Vegan in 2011
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Vegan
- Eliza Dushku Adopts a Vegan Diet
- Travis Barker Credits 2008 Plane Crash for His Vegan Lifestyle
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup