The William J. Clinton Foundation is joining forces with the American Heart Association to reduce childhood obesity. They will be providing 13,000 schools across the country with nutritious lunch meals for the students.
The former president says his own health problems have made him realize how important it is for kids to eat right.
"Children need need enough food, the right kind of food, to grow and develop their bodies and their brains," he said. "When I had all these heart problems, I realized that all of this was totally unexamined."
In part with the initiative, Clinton has negotiated with seven food manufacturers to increase the sale of their healthy items to schools throughout the country by 50% in the next five years.
- Bill Clinton Foundation Concert Catered by the Veggie Grill
- Mark Salling Joins ConAgra Foods in Fight Against Child Hunger
- Big Business Brings Out Big Guns to Work Against Childhood Obesity Efforts
- Jamie Oliver Fights Childhood Obesity with new Text Campaign
- Michelle Obama Approves of The Olive Garden and Red Lobster
- PepsiCo Donates $8M to Matt Damon's Water.org
- Join The Bag To Tree Campaign
- Join the Millions Against Monsanto
- Bill Clinton Goes Vegan
- Matt Lauer Asks Bill Clinton About His Vegan Diet
- Dump Cake
- Clam Bake Butter
- Scot or Not, Join the Burns' night Celebrations with my party Haggis Samosa's
- Bill's Beef Salad Sandwich
- Traditional Romanian Polenta
- Grilled Artichoke Hearts
- Heart Healthy Bread
- Heart Healthy Chicken Stew
- Heart Healthy Salmon With Savory Mushrooms and Broccoli
- Heart Healthy Biscuits