Andrew Zimmern has tasted some pretty weird delicacies on his travel show, Bizarre Foods. But when it comes to his daily routine at home in Minnesota, Zimmern says his meals are pretty normal.
"I go home at night, I pick up the dry cleaning, and I make a roast chicken and some crispy potatoes and my wife and son and I sit down to a nice dinner," he said.
However, the television host can't always escape his Bizarre Foods life, even during his off-season. "The disaster for me is when I'm with my wife and son and we stop at a burger bar or something and the chef decides to send out a month-old pig head from the freezer. I just want to eat a burger with my son!"
While he lives in Minnesota, Zimmern manages to travel to his hometown of New York City quite often. He was there just last week and documented his days, including all the different types of food he ate. From duck testicles, calf's brains, and a bagel and coffee for breakfast, check out a week in the life of Andrew Zimmern here.
- Andrew Zimmern to Launch Food Truck in Minnesota
- Andrew Zimmern Says Richest Chefs List is 'Off Base'
- Andrew Zimmern Talks Dinner Party Etiquette
- Andrew Zimmern on The Munchies Awards
- Teresa Giudice Shares Daily Food Diary
- Want to Go Skydiving With Anthony Bourdain?
- Conan O'Brien Takes Over Pizzeria
- 26th Annual Benefit Honors James Beard & Features Star Chefs
- Culinary Legend James Beard
- NYSC Targets Paula Deen in Latest Ad
- Long Fusilli With Italian Sausages
- New York Steak au Poivre with Balsamic Reduction
- Pan Seared New York Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce
- Steak with Baked Potatoes with Cheese and Butter
- New York-Style Crumb Cake
- New York Strip Steak w Asparagus & Mini Bell Peppers
- New York Steaks with Wine Sauce
- The Housewife Diary Red Velvet Cupcakes
- The Housewife Diary Bacon Swiss Sirloin Burger
- The Housewife Diary Chicken Cordon Bleu