The singer behind "Paper Planes" shocked many fans watching the 2012 Super Bowl with her impromptu one-fingered salute, but what's even more bizarre about the singer is the demands outlined in the M.I.A. tour rider. In the food and beverage world, she demands mixed nuts and cheese, absinthe, Heineken, Mount Gay, red and white wine, Ketel One, dried mangoes and blueberries, and a bucket of "clean" ice.
That may not sound so strange for a young musician, but some of her entertainment requests aren't so standard. The M.I.A. tour rider also asks for three female extras at each show, aged between 20 and 25, to wear "full covered burkas" and have "stage presence and groove to the music on stage for the full duration of the show." For more tour riders, check out Drake's liquor demands.
- Adele Tour Rider: European Lager, Cigarettes, Sandwiches and Chocolate
- The Hangar One Vodka Blimp Tour is an Alcoholic Airship Extravaganza
- The Foo Fighters' 2011 Tour Rider is an Illustrated Primer to Healthy Eating
- Binge Drinking Costs America $224 Billion Annually
- Tour Wine Country By Limo
- Funny or Die Leaks the Diplo Tour Rider
- Food Channel’s 2011 Top 10 Beverage Trends
- Woobo International Set to Release Gangnam-Style Vodka
- Great New Site For Drink Recommendations
- More Weird Ways to Use Cherries
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Video: How to Make Italian Coffee at Home
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
- Chocolate chip cookies, easier that buying:-)
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Chocolate cake with coconut and rum “Mmm, Yum!”
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream
- Beef Cutlets Easy