Alcohol plays a pretty big role in Sandra Lee's show, Semi Homemade Cooking. However, when the show first started, Lee admits that the Food Network was not too keen on her use of alcohol.
"They told me I needed to be different and I wanted to make a cocktail -- I'm from Wisconsin -- and the Food Network told me I couldn't do that and we can't put alcohol on TV -- 'you can't wake up at 10 AM saying here's a cocktail,'" Lee said.
Fifteen seasons later, Lee no longer has anything to worry about. What she hopes for now, is longevity in her career.
"I don't think there are any footsteps to be walked in. No one else has taken things that you can buy at the grocery store and put them together. I hope that I have a career as long as Julia Child.
- Michael Symon: Sandra Lee is Not a Chef
- Profane Sandra Lee Outtakes Resurface
- Sandra Lee and Bobby Flay Win Big at Daytime Emmys
- Sandra Lee Tweets Hurricane Preparations
- Sandra Lee Defends Semi Homemade Tactics
- Lawsuit Alleges Guy Fieri Said Some Awful Things
- New Cast of 'Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off' Revealed
- Food Network Hosts Concert in Chicago
- Great Food Truck Race Reveals Surprise Winner
- Guy Fieri Now Selling Jewelry
- Cranberry Crunch Bars
- Why I Decided To Make Indian Spiced Tri-Tip Tacos With Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Aarti’s Green Minty Curry Chicken
- Pulled Pork With Mango Bbq Sauce
- Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Hot cocoa cookies
- Peppers that will leave you stuffed
- Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
- Mint Tops