Bompas & Parr -- a duo I've previously featured here at Foodista -- recently launched a wedding cake explosion service with photographer Ryan Hopkinson. Essentially, interested couples can book a professional explosives technician to blow up their wedding cake.
"Wedding cakes can be brutally stodgy," said Harry Parr. "Blowing the cake up spares the stomach after a heavy meal [and] is a good way to wake guests up for the speeches!" The service will cost £800, which includes the expert's supervision and execution, all the explosives and a risk assessment. Could you imagine blowing up a cake as gorgeous as this one?
- Rocky Biscuits Chocolate Rock Climbing Wall is a Sweet Sport
- This Millennium Falcon Wedding Cake is Nerdalicious
- The Gollum Wedding Cake is 'Precious'
- Star Wars Wedding Cake
- Craziest LEGO Wedding Cake Ever
- Royal Wedding Cake: Prince William's Unbaked Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Pac Man Game Themed Wedding Cake
- The Carpigiani Gelato University Experiences Enrollment Explosion
- The Explosive Magnum Temptation Campaign
- Kim Kardashian Buys $20,000 Wedding Cake