Here is a healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan recipe that is quick to whip up and only involves a few fresh ingredients- spinach, tomatoes and a lime. Leave the rest to your pantry and you're set for this easy dinner dish- leftovers? No problem- it's perfect for lunch tomorrow wrapped in a corn tortilla or served atop brown rice, quinoa or rice pasta.
Balsamic Infused Peanut Chickpeas
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, ground
- In a medium skillet over moderately high heat, heat olive oil and garlic for 1 minute. Add lime juice, curry powder, chili powder, balsamic vinegar and chickpeas; bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to moderate. Continue simmering, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half and mixture is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and cherry tomatoes, cook for 4-5 minutes or until wilted.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with ground peanuts.