Now that Paula Deen has announced that she has diabetes, the celebrity chef is ready to share lighter versions of her otherwise fatty recipes.
"I am who I am. But what I will be doing is offering up lighter versions of my recipes," Deen said. "I will have a broader platform now, trying to do something for everybody. But you know, I'm Southern by roots. I was taught [to cook] by my grandmother and nothing I can do would change that."
Do you think Deen will be able to offer healthy recipes without taking away from the novelty of her cooking show?
- Sam Talbot Offers Advice to Paula Deen
- Op-Ed: Why the Paula Deen Diabetes Debacle Matters for Food Bloggers
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- Paula Deen Confirms Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis
- Will Paula Deen Announce She Has Diabetes?
- Anthony Bourdain Weighs in on Paula Deen Diabetes Diagnosis
- Paula Deen Gives Up Sweet Tea
- Anthony Bourdain Continues Verbal Assault on Paula Deen at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival
- Paula Deen Talks Healthy Southern Food in 'Prevention'
- Funny or Die Writes Paula Deen's Health Food Cookbook