Singer Carrie Underwood has a new interview out with N Focus magazine in which she discusses her healthy diet habits and reveals her favorite vegan snacks.
For starters, Underwood loves to nibble on "almonds, apples, dried fruit (with no added sugar ... [I] don't understand why they add sugar to fruit), raw fruit and nut bars, maybe a few squares of super dark chocolate, and veggies and hummus."
She also tends to bring her own food and snacks to maintain control of her diet. "I am such a label reader and always take my food with me everywhere," she explained. "Eating out is a definite diet sabotage and most of the time, it's hard for me to find quick food to eat, so I always make my own food ahead of time and take it with me. That way, I know exactly what's in it and I can still stay healthy and satisfied when I'm working."
For more stories about vegan celebrities, check out the following:
- Carrie Underwood is 95% Vegan
- Carrie Underwood Talks Veganism with Ellen
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Try These Tasty Strips Of Watermelon Jerky
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- 5 Best Gluten Free Acorn Squash Recipes
- Chia Pet Pudding
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Baked Wheatbran-Coated Veggie-Bean Crunchies
- Roasted Chickpeas With Garlic & Sage
- Pumpkin-Sunflower Seed Smoothie
- Banana Muffins (Vegan)
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Garlic & Spice Plantain Chips
- Cinnamon sweet apple crisps
- How to make perfect homemade popcorn
- Freaky Hot Wing Popcorn