Gail Simmons, a "Top Chef" judge and the host of "Top Chef: Just Desserts," recently talked about the future of food TV at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival. Simmons notes that thus far, food programming has hooked non-foodies; the next logical step is education.
"Now we've got them eating, we've got them talking about food, we've got them wanting to cook and wanting to go out more and recognizing chefs and recognizing how much great work they do, now we can sort of educate them on what they're actually eating," said Simmons. Such heavy material would also have to be entertaining, she conceded, adding, "So how do you make smart TV about food that is also really fun and interesting and that you can get people excited about?"
What do you think of Gail Simmons' predictions about the future of food TV?
- Gail Simmons Talks About her New Memoir and 'Top Chef' Behind the Scenes
- Cookie Misfortune Evil Fortune Cookies Will Predict an Ominous Future
- Gail Simmons Memoir Coming Out in 2012
- Chefs Predict Top 10 Food Trends in 2012
- Gail Simmons' Super Bowl Menu Ideas
- Gail Simmons Reveals Diet Secrets
- Anthony Bourdain Continues Verbal Assault on Paula Deen at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival
- Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri Unveil "Guy vs. Rachael's Celebrity Smackdown"
- 8 Predicted Trends in Fast Food for 2014
- Ness Predicts Which Restaurants You Will Love
- Why I Decided To Make Indian Spiced Tri-Tip Tacos With Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Chai Flavored Hemp Milk
- How To Make Kesari Rice Kheer Recipe With Step By Step Pictures
- Orange Blossoms Shredded Pork With Capsicums
- Myrtle Beach
- Beach Food
- Malibu Beach
- Amelia Simmons' Orange Pudding
- Peppermint Candy Cookies