It's no secret that Anthony Bourdain is not a fan of the way Paula Deen handled her diabetes diagnosis, and at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival, he added a few more choice sentiments. During a question-and-answer session, an attendee asked Bourdain whether he was a hypocrite for taking aim at Deen -- after all, he openly smoked during "No Reservations" episodes. Here's what he replied, courtesy of Ecorazzi:
"You are right. I did smoke cigarettes for a lot of years on my show. But I wasn't selling you motherf-in' cigarettes. I wasn't selling Smoking Tony dolls for your kids. You couldn't go to five or six casinos around the world and find the Tony Bourdain f-ing smoking section. And when I found a spot on my motherf-ing lung, I didn't wait three years so I could get a deal so I could sell you the Patch, OK."
Anthony Bourdain also called out one of Deen's more notorious concoctions, a bacon-and-egg-topped burger with donuts as buns. Do you agree with Bourdain?
- Anthony Bourdain Weighs in on Paula Deen Diabetes Diagnosis
- 5 Bitter Anthony Bourdain Feuds: Paula Deen, Rachael Ray and More
- Paula Deen Fights Back Against Anthony Bourdain Insults
- Op-Ed: Is the Feud Between Anthony Bourdain and Paula Deen a Calculated Marketing Maneuver? Author Perry Perkins Weighs In
- Paula Deen Confirms Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis
- Op-Ed: Why the Paula Deen Diabetes Debacle Matters for Food Bloggers
- Will Paula Deen Announce She Has Diabetes?
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- Sam Talbot Offers Advice to Paula Deen
- Gail Simmons Predicts the Future of Food TV