Paula Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers, are being sued for sexual harassment by a former employee of Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House in Savannah, Georgia.
Lisa Jackson served as the General Manager for the restaurant between 2005 and 2010 and claims Hiers, who owns the restaurant with Deen, would often bring "inescapable pornography" to work, while also visiting pornographic websites on the kitchen computer.
Jackson says Hiers even once asked her to bring him a picture of herself when she was younger, saying "You have nice legs." She claims that he also once kissed and spit on her.
In one incident, Hiers allegedly referred to two female employees as "fat girls" and said they shouldn't wear carpi pants or skirts. In addition to those and other sexual comments he made, Hiers was heard using hateful language and would often make racist jokes.
Reps for Deen and Hiers have yet to comment on the situation.
- Paula Deen Asks Judge to Dismiss Harassement Suit
- Mario Batali Facing Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Deen Brothers Support Million Meals Campaign
- Paula Deen's Upcoming Book Canceled by Publisher
- Paula Deen to Open Restaurant in Chicagoland Casino
- Paula Deen to Bring Recipes to Grocery Stores
- Paula Deen Did NOT Invent the Donut Burger
- Paula Deen Sells Butter Lip Balm
- Paula Deen Has Her Own Butter
- Paula Deen Fired From Food Network
- Easy Sweet Potato and Squash Soup with Gingerbread Croutons
- Steak Dogs with Beans, Home Fried Potatoes and Tomato Salad
- Paula Deen's Heart Attack Burgers
- Fried Green Bean Bundles From Paula and Mary Bogue
- Black Velvet - Adapted From Paula Deen
- Wedding Champagne Punch
- Cream Cheese Frosting For Cupcakes
- Tropical Christmas
- Egg-Ceptional Croque-Madame With Lightly Dressed Greens and Fresh Fruit
- Fresh Herb Marinated Rack Of Lamb With Vinaigrette