Spring cake pops from My Fudo welcomes the new season. Marbled green tea and chocolate cake is baked and then cooled before being formed into cake pops. Cake crumbs are mixed with cream cheese or frosting and formed into balls (or you can use a cake pop pan). Before placing the cake balls onto the lollipop stick, I advise dipping them into chocolate to help keep them from slipping off. To decorate the cake pops, dip each ball into chocolate and then cover them in fondant. The flowers are made by using different colors of fondant.
Chocolate Matcha Marble Cake
Recipe from Fresh From the Oven
2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant espresso or coffee powder
1/3 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 whole egg
1 egg white
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup low fat yogurt
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoons matcha powder
1 (12oz) bag Wilton white chocolate candy melts (or gourmet white chocolate one without all the partially hydrogenated oils)
1 package Wilton 6 inch treat sticks
Decorating Stand (or a large Styrofoam cube works well)
Green food coloring (Matcha works well to avoid any chemical coloring, use natural food coloring when possible.)
Wilton Ready –to-Use Fondant (green, white and yellow) (or make your own)
Wilton Floral Collection Flower Making Set
For full recipe instructions, click here.
- Grinch Cake Pops are a Seussical Sweet
- Margarita Cake Pops Are Infused with Tequila
- Cake Pop Roses Form a Delicious Bouquet
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Cake Pop Recipes
- Ned Stark Cake Pops Aren't For the Faint of Heart
- Margarita Cake Pops are a Boozy Confection
- Red Velvet Cake Pops in a Cone!
- Frosty the Snowman Cake Pops are an Iconic Confection
- Golden Snitch Cake Pops are a Whimsical Wizard Treat
- Blue Owl Cake Pops Will Have You Hooting for More
- Chocolate-Date Cake with Chocolate Sticky Toffee Glaze
- Chocolate Chip Devil's Food Cake
- Chocolate Cake With Blackberry Buttercream
- Dairy-Free Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Halloween "Pops"
- Caramel Apple Cake Pops
- Cake Pops!
- My Perfect Chocolate Cupcake
- Snowy Chocolate Cupcakes- Nat'l Cupcake Day!
- Choco-Coco-Banana Cake