Karl Lagerfeld was in Japan last week, showing off Chanel's latest designs at Fashion Week. During his trip, Lagerfeld said Japanese food was perfect for his strict diet.
"You know I don't eat bread, I don't eat sugar, I don't eat meat, so for me, the Japanese kitchen is perfect," he said.
There is only one aspect of Japanese food that Lagerfeld just can't get behind. "I hate rice," he admitted.
The fashion designer once was forced to go on an all-rice diet for 11 days because of an illness and has since vowed to never eat it again. "After that I could never have rice again in my life," he said.
- Karl Lagerfeld Designs Label for Chanel's Gran Cru Classe Wine
- Karl Lagerfeld Goes Grocery Shopping for the First Time
- The Karl Lagerfeld Chocolate Hotel Room
- Blake Lively Doesn't Do Strict Diets
- One Direction on a Strict Diet Before Tour
- Kim Kardashian is on a Strict Pregnancy Diet
- Britney Spears Fires Trainer Derek DeGrazio for Dietary Restrictions
- Tinsel Korey of 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn' Dishes on Dietary Habits
- Padma Lakshmi Reveals Strict Weight Loss Diet
- Melissa Joan Hart Reveals Dietary Changes During Third Pregnancy