April 9, 2012
Caramelized tofu with rice noodles will transport you to the tropical cities in Southeast Asia. Tofu steaks are brushed with a soy sauce and sugar glaze which gives the tofu its distinct sweet and salty flavor. Rice noodles are tossed with aromatics like garlic, sesame oil and fresh cilantro. All the ingredients for this dish are widely available and can be found in most supermarkets. Caramelized tofu with rice noodles is a light and satisfying meatless meal for spring.
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Prepare the tofu- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce with the sugar.
Set aside and let cool.
For the sauce- fry the garlic and chili in the vegetable oil for a couple of minutes in a small pan.
Add soy sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil and let cook for another 2 minutes.
Throw the chopped coriander, tofu and cooked noodles into a large bowl.
Add the sauce and mix well.
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Vietnamese Noodle Salad With Tofu
- Meatless Monday: 5 Grilled Tofu Recipes
- Meatless Monday: Tofu Lemongrass Soup
- Poppin' Peanut and Tofu Noodles
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Vegetable and Tofu Pad Thai
- Meatless Monday: Easy Miso-Glazed Tofu Steaks
- Meatless Monday: Pad See Ew with Tofu and Vegetables
- Meatless Monday: Asian Vegetable Noodle Soup
- Tamari Tofu and Other Tantalizing Tofu Recipes
- Meatless Monday: General Tso's Tofu