The Duggar family of 19 Kids and Counting has a total of 21 mouths of feed. The TODAY show visited the Duggars for breakfast and talked about the amount of food their family goes through in a single day.
Making sure everyone is fed means bulk buying, and lots of meal planning. The Duggars spend around $3000 a month on groceries. Much of the food comes from a bulk shopping trip they do once a month, with weekly shopping trips for smaller items.
The list below is the shopping list for just one day's worth of food for the Duggars.
3 dozen eggs
5 lbs turkey bacon
4 lbs of grapes
3 loaves of whole wheat bread
4 lbs of sloppy joe meat
3 lbs of green beans
3 lbs of potatoes
2 family-size bags of lettuce
4 lbs of spaghetti noodles
3 loaves French bread
2 pans of brownies
1 gallon of vanilla ice cream
- 5 Tips For Adding Taste To Inexpensive Meals
- China's Smart Cart Syncs Coupons Straight to Your Smartphone
- After Eating Rancid Butter, What Should One Do ?
- Cheryl Cole: No One Can Eat Whatever They Want
- Heather Morris' Diet Tip: Eat What You Want
- Find out what Nicole Scherzinger Eats when she Gets 'Crazy'
- Kelly Osbourne: Forget Diets, Eat What You Want on Christmas
- Fergie: I'm Not Psychotic About What I Eat
- Kim Kardashian Eats What She Wants When Dining Out
- Gwyneth Paltrow: 'I Work Out So I Can Eat What I Want'