A tweet from Lady Gaga earlier today has left many advocacy groups feeling very displeased. Tweeting after her workout, the singer wrote "pop stars don't eat," a comment that doesn't seem to send the right message to her many young fans.
"Just killed back to back spin classes. Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger. #PopStarsDontEat #BornThisWay."
As someone who has spoken out about her struggles with bulimia and has even said "diets make girls sick," it's surprising to many that Gaga would make that comment in such a casual way.
The National Eating Disorder Association replied to her tweet, saying, "Huh? This is the same person who recently implored girls to stop dieting?"
Another Twitter user wrote, "Celebs have huge influence on people's lives. Lady Gaga tweeting #PopSingersDontEat is stupid even if it was meant to be ironic."
Were Lady Gaga's comments unhealthy, or is everyone just taking her too seriously?
- Lady Gaga's Sudden Weight Loss Precedes the Launch of Her New Water Brand
- Lady Gaga Tweets Lindsay Lohan About her Diet
- Lady Gaga: Dieting Wars Have Got to Stop
- Michelle Branch Joins Michael Mina for 'Cook Taste Eat'
- Diane Kruger: 'I Forget to Eat'
- Gaga GooGoo Kids' Clothing Line Features Miniature Lady Gaga Meat Dress
- Lady Gaga Wants to be in an 'Indian Food Coma'
- Lady Gaga on the 'Drunk Diet'
- Watch Offensive Yoplait Eating Disorder Ad
- Lady Gaga's Dad to Open Restaurant