Jessica Chastain follows a vegan lifestyle and admits it helps her lose weight quickly for television and film roles. While on set of The Help, Chastain's character had to eat fried chicken. Luckily for the actress, the powers that be were able to mask a vegan meal as fried chicken.
"The scene where I was eating fried chicken, they made me vegan fried chicken. It probably [didn't taste as good] as fried chicken. They did an amazing job. They took a turkey dog and tofurkey and battered it, and deep fried it," Chastain said. "I haven't had meat in so long. I've been vegan for five years and vegetarian for 15 years, so if I had had meat, I wouldn't have been able to do the scene. They all thought I was just chowing down."
Chastain's vegan diet influenced her mother to make the same lifestyle switch. Now, Momma Chastain runs her own vegan restaurant.
- Jessica Chastain and Woody Harrelson are PETA's Sexiest Vegetarians of 2012
- Jessica Chastain Craves Octavia Spencer's Vegan Cooking
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand Named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- 5 Celebrities Who Became Vegan in 2011
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Vegan
- Eliza Dushku Adopts a Vegan Diet
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup